This policy applies to the website: https://biophare.com/.
Last updated: September 18, 2023
Respect for your privacy is of the utmost importance for the CSPR/Biophare, which is responsible for this website.
- How we collect and process your personal information.
- Your rights regarding such information.
- The identity of the data controller (person in charge of the protection of personal information).
- The third parties such information may be disclosed to.
- The website’s policy regarding cookies.
1. Collection of personal information
Personal information means any information that could be used to identify you.
We collect the following personal information:
- First and last name
- IP address
- Street address (street name and number, city, province, postal code)
- Phone number (cell, home, office)
- First and last name of child
- First and last names of parents or guardians
- Social insurance numbers
- Date of birth
- Gender of child
- Child’s health insurance number and expiry date
- Child’s medical information
- Emergency contact (contact information and relationship)
- Photo authorization request
- Bank account number and name of financial institution
- Name of organization
- First and last names of representatives of the organization
- GST and QST numbers
- Purchase history
This information is collected from:
- Children participating in activities
2. Forms and methods of collection
We collect personal information via the methods described below, in the “Forms and methods of collection” and “Log files and cookies” sections.
Your personal information is collected via the following methods:
- Newsletter registration form
- Contact us form
- Space rental form
- Donation form
- Enrolment form
- Registration form
- Purchases at the ticket office and shop
The information collected is used for the following purposes:
- Transmission of information
Google CAPTCHA protection:
3. Log files and cookies
We collect certain information through log files and cookies. These allow us to process statistics and information on traffic, streamline browsing and improve your experience.
A. Description of cookies used by the website
Cookies mainly collect the following information:
- IP address
- Operating system
- Device type and model
- Device screen resolution
- Browser type and language
- Region or municipality, as determined by IP address
- Point of origin (e.g., banner, email, social media, etc.)
- Pages visited
The use of such files allows us to achieve the following purpose:
- Statistical surveys
If you choose to deactivate cookies, you may continue to use the website. However, we shall not be deemed responsible for any malfunction resulting from this action.
4. Sharing personal information
We undertake not to sell or provide the personal information collected to third parties. However, we may share such information with third parties for the following reason:
- Use, with your permission only, on the Biophare’s digital accounts (social media, newsletters, advertising accounts).
5. Personal information retention period
The data controller will store all personal information collected in the site’s IT systems under reasonable security conditions and in compliance with the legislation in effect until after the service has been rendered or until you state an objection.
6. Hyperlinks and external services
Our website may contain links to other sites and services belonging to and operated by third parties. These sites are not affiliated with our organization. Sites whose links appear on our website are independent and may also collect personal information or cookies. We may not be held responsible for how such third parties collect, use or share your personal information. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee or issue any statements concerning the accuracy, suitability or completeness of information contained on such external websites.
7. Hosting of personal information
The personal information we collect and process is not transferred to other countries.
8. Data controller (person in charge of the protection of personal information)
A. Data controller
The data controller is responsible for determining the purposes and means of processing personal information.
Furthermore, they undertake to notify you in the event personal information is corrected or deleted.
Should the integrity, confidentiality or security of your personal information be compromised, the data controller undertakes to inform you by any and all means at their disposal.
The data controller undertakes to maintain a log of incidents involving the confidentiality of personal information and take measures to prevent such incidents in the future.
B. Obligations concerning the protection of personal information
The data controller, employees and volunteers undertake to protect the personal information collected, not disclose it to third parties without informing you and respect the purposes for which such information was collected.
Vous avez le droit de vous opposer au traitement de vos renseignements personnels par le site Internet. Vous avez également le droit de demander que vos renseignements personnels ne figurent plus, par exemple, dans une liste de diffusion. Afin de formuler une demande de retrait de vos renseignements personnels, vous devez remplir le formulaire à cet effet.
10. Right to access and correct personal information
You can consult, update or modify your personal information by completing the appropriate form.
The personal information we collect is kept in a secure environment. Persons working for us must maintain the confidentiality of your personal information
The following measures are in place to ensure the security of your personal information:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol
- Access management — person concerned
- Credentials and password
- Monthly website maintenance and updates
We undertake to maintain a high degree of privacy by integrating the latest technological innovations to ensure your information is kept confidential. However, no mechanism is completely secure. Some risk is always involved when digital tools are used to communicate personal information.
Person in charge of compliance:
Corporation soreloise du patrimoine régional / Biophare
6 Rue Saint-Pierre, Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Canada J3P 3S2
Phone: 450-780-5740, ext. 3020