This exhibition reveals the beauty of the habitats, flora and fauna of the St. Lawrence, from the Great Lakes to the gulf.
It highlights the natural assets of this mighty waterway and the challenges we face in protecting them.
The decor evokes by turns the vast glacier that covered all of Canada thousands of years ago, the surging waves of the river and the lighthouses that stand guard along its shores.
This exhibition also makes for a fantastic family outing. Children can use an activity booklet to discover the St. Lawrence together with two fun characters—a great blue heron and a puffin.
Discover what’s being done to protect the St. Lawrence through a series of video interviews. In addition to being passionate about the St. Lawrence, the interview subjects are leaders in their field and are skilled at presenting their knowledge to the general public.
- Space required: 88 to 135 m2
- Ceiling height: 3.1 metres
- Biophare, August 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021
- Centre de la Biodiversité du Québec, September 13, 2021 to September 12, 2022
- Musée du Fjord, September 2022 to January 2023